Sunday, February 25, 2007

Pastoral

I (Molete) do my term-pastoral in Sunfield home. This is an institution or a home ( as they prefer to call it) for mentally challenged people. It is situated in Howick, about ten minutes drive from the scholasticate. The basic thing that I do there, is just my presence. They are a loving community, and they appreciate our presence very much. These people who stay there, are not addressed as patients, but rather, as residents. The reason is that, Sunfield is a home, not a hospital.

I am very happy to do my Pastoral there. May God Bless all those who support these special people.


Molise is working at Salvation Army in Petermaritzburg, about 15 minutes drive from the scholasticate. They are providing food for those who are homeless. Not only providing food, but also giving off themselves. Ministry of visibility is also vital in the work of evangelizing. Experience has taught that giving of self is also so important to the 'poor in their many faces' (CC & R).

May God Bless, Provide, & Shelter the Homeless.

No comments: